Saturday, June 4, 2011
If Herman Cain is serious...
There is no way that I am voting for Herman Cain. At this point the only Republican that I would vote for is Andrew Sullivan and Republicans consider him a Republican as much as Liberals consider Juan Williams a Democrat.
If Herman Cain is serious why hasn't he :
1. Commented on the overt racism being put out by the right. People have brought signs to rallies calling for harm to come to the FIRST LADY and her CHILDREN. Will ANY Republican comment on it?
2. Why hasn't he commented on the overt MASS Voter Supression campaign taking place in many states. If a African American wanted to vote for him , maybe they can't because Republican administrations are trying to nullify the votes of African Americans.
3. The overt homophobia from the right. When Republicans make a group of people the punchlines of their jokes it shows how serious the right is trying to reach out to their community. Their sexual idenity is THEIR business just like someones religion is THEIR business. No one want to be told how to pray now do they?
4. The Xenophobia and nativism being taught by the right. Many minority groups in the West and Southwest face massive pogroms against them. Many of their breathen are cheated out of the wages and rights because of fear of being sent out of the country.
5. The violence being promoted by the right on Muslims and Arabs. This should be a serious concern of Mr. Cain's. Our soldiers lives are in danger because some bigot wants to burn a Koran, or a Mosque, or a Muslim. How can we get the Muslim and Arab world to like us if we constantly attack them ?
6. Will people let Women's health issues STAY Womens health issues? If a Woman is raped or her life is in danger does she need Pat Robertson's permission? Do you want your minister in charge of your health issues? Many of the new laws being written ARE only about Abortion. In some states the only new taxes are only being applied to any group or people associated with Abortion or reproductive health.
7. Where were those jobs that the Tea Party and the rest of the Republican Party promised to bring?
8. Will the rich EVER be taxed? One year Rupert Murdoch DIDN'T pay ANY taxes. GE didn't pay taxes as well. Everybody paid their share, how about the rich? The Republicans had eight years to make more businesses and instead just made more money.