Saturday, August 30, 2008

DAMN YANKEE

This is from Lossip:

As if his endorsement of John McCain weren’t enough! Apparently, Daddy Yankee wants to make it clear that his support of the Republican presidential candidate goes far beyond a few photo shoots and public appearance.

The singer has now committed to perform at the Fiesta Americana Concert as part of next week’s Republican National Convention in St. Paul, Minnesota.

I’m sure performing for a stadium full of 3,000 suit-and-tie Republicans is the ideal audience for some reggaeton. I bet that fiesta is going to get hot!

Daddy Yankee has been getting busted on left and right for his support of the Arizona senator. It seems that a lot of people just don’t see the link between reggaetoneros and 72-year-old white men.

Most recently, fellow performer Fat Joe put Daddy Yankee on blast for his politics, saying to MTV News:

“I opened the newspaper and got sick to my stomach. I felt like I wanted to vomit when I seen that. The reason why I called him a sellout is because I feel he did that for a [publicity] look, rather than the issues that are affecting his people that look up to him. How could you want John McCain in office when George Bush and the Republicans already have half a million people losing their homes in foreclosure? We’re fighting an unjust war. It’s the Latinos and black kids up in the frontlines, fighting that war. … We over here trying to take the troops out of Iraq and bring peace. This guy immediately wants war. If not with Iraq or Afghanistan, he’ll start a new one with Iran. I feel real disgusted that Daddy Yankee would do that. Either he did that for a look, or he’s just not educated on politics.”

Just a note,Puerto Ricans are Americans citizens! So when "Popeye McPain" had Daddy Yankee there, it would be the same as Janet Jackson with a Steelers jersey on in Cleveland.McPain is anti-immigrant,(except white folk).

No comments: